In a perfect world, no one would ever have to deal with a criminal charge. Unfortunately, situations do happen and charges are filed. When you’re facing a criminal charge, regardless of how simple or serious it is, you need to know exactly what you’re dealing with. Criminal lawyers in Rock Hill, SC like those at the Law Offices of Michael L. Brown, Jr. want you to know about the different types of criminal charges:
- DUI: DUI charges are given to individuals who have been caught operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. These charges are serious and can result in fines, a suspended license, or even jail time.
- Drug charges: You can be arrested and charged if you’re found in possession of even a small amount of illegal or non-prescribed drugs. Jail time and/or penalties can be expected with drug charges.
- Violent crimes: Violent crimes include, but are not limited to assault, battery, murder, threats, and assault with weaponry. These are serious charges that can lead to jail time if you’re convicted.
- Sex crimes: All criminal charges should be handled by a criminal attorney, but this is especially true with sex crimes. Given the life-changing nature of these charges, you should always seek experienced legal counsel.
- Juvenile charges: Young people facing criminal charges are often given some leeway due to their age and decision-making skills. That doesn’t mean the charges aren’t serious. Failing to work with a criminal lawyer in South Carolina could have long-lasting repercussions on a young life.
Contact the Law Offices of Michael L. Brown, Jr. when you need experienced criminal lawyers in Rock Hill, SC for these or any other types of criminal charges.